What is Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy involves low-power red light wavelengths emitted directly through the skin, the treatment itself does not emit any heat so you won’t actually feel it throughout the session. Red light can be absorbed into the skin to a depth of around eight to ten millimeters, it helps increase your body’s cellular energy, nervous system processes, and metabolic processes.
This type of therapy has become a leader in anti-aging treatments, it was originally discovered by NASA. Red light therapy is characterized by infrared light, which is a type of light that has a stronger wavelength than other types of light. This allows it to permeate deeper into the skin. Some of the therapeutic benefits are the improvement in your skin’s appearance and structure, it can also be used as a way to relieve pain. Infrared light also stimulates the production of ATP, an essential energy source used in body tissues that helps speed up the body’s natural healing process. There is NO UV light associated with red light therapy.
*Red Light Therapy is not available February 2018 - April 2018
Main Benefits of Red Light Therapy:
- Improves collagen production to dramatically reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smooths and lowers cellulite deposits
- Kills the bacteria that produces acne
- Reduces pore size, while also firming and tightening the skin
- Reduces the appearance of redness and flushing, stretch marks, scarring and evens out pigmentation
- Increases circulation can help treat depressions and relieve joint pain
- Effective treatment for Psoriasis and Eczema
- Helps damaged skin heal faster
Additional Red Light Therapy Benefits:
- Forms new capillaries (small blood vessels)
- Improves natural production of collagen and fibroblasts, important for things like skin, joint and digestive health
- Repairing and restoring damaged soft connective tissue
- Stimulating or decreasing inflammation, which helps control our natural healing capabilities
- Lowering effects of oxidative stress/free radical damage, which is associated with many effects of aging
- Increasing blood flow/circulation, thereby helping bring more oxygen and nutrients to our cells and tissues
- Activating the lymphatic system, an important part of our immune system that helps carry waste out of the body
- Stimulating DNA/RNA synthesis
- Increasing energy levels promoting release of ATP cell’s mitochondria
How Much Does Red Light Therapy Cost
It is recommended for red light therapy is 3-4 sessions a week, for 6-8 weeks. After the initial treatment schedule it is recommended to continue 1-2 days per week. With no damaging effects, only positive results, it’s no surprise that red light therapy is a great new way to improve your appearance and your overall health.
Bliss Tanning Studio offers a month unlimited red light package for $50.